Sunday, September 21, 2008

and then i was stretching, and thus observed my feet in front of me. it brought back memories of people commenting on my small feet and short toes(with really tiny toenails, but that's not the focus here). and then the chinese textbook text popped into my head, about teng ye xian sheng having interest in china's past practice of feet-binding. and so, with somemore scrutinisation of my feet, i came to the conclusion with a new theory:

I am a descendant of some Chinese great-great-great-great grandmother who practiced feet binding, and thus i have developed the characteristic of bound feet.
Supporting data 1: My maternal grandmother is from China.
Supporting data 2: I am Chinese.
Supporting data 3: Chinese women (albeit the wealthy ones only) used to bind their feet.
Supporting data 4: Pictures speak a thousand words. Just look at the similarity.
My Feet.
Some Chinese women's Bound Feet.

This is proof of how sick i am from studying.
-7.52pm
a run really energizes me when i'm like brain-damaged. ok, the process of the run wasnt' that great when you've got aching muscles to endure and stitches in the tummy, but the aftermath...that's just satisfaction.

i didn't finish econs, didn't finish physical geog, haven't finished human geog, but i never do before any exam before, so what's there to worry? uh...
-7.26pm

today's posts:
I really take a long time to get out of the house on weekends. Especially when it comes to studying. At least i'm just in time for macs breakfast this morning. I really hope i don't get tempted by the availability of the donuts, bread, cake, cookies....most dangerous would be the supermarket downstairs. 
-10.30am

By 2pm, my brain cells shut down, and physical geog is such a bore, even though i'm not finished with the whole file yet. Macs was making me nauseated with the smell of deep frying oil and not-so- freshly cooked fries.so, i got out of macs by 3, walked around with my huge ass gigantic human geog file(which i brought along for no reason.) and buy some needed stuff. But i bought nothing on my needed list, since challenger didn't stock my printer ink anymore. Popular was...a waste of time and money. Bought two markers, luckily my mom persuaded me not to buy a set of 6 huge ass files for my other subjects. That would have set me back another 20 bucks. Thankfully. But then, i bought another hair rubber band and a pair of simple earrings to replace my current ones that look a little disgusting(even though i still have like a ton more other studs at home.) i wanted to leave tiong bahru plaza for some outdoor kids playground, hopefully to get some exercise done, and maybe improve my concentration. But i stepped out, and the heat just engulfed me. I stopped. Turned around, and headed for burger king. So here i am, with a hershey's sundae pie, econs spread out under my typing hand and phone. I think its rather obvious that i'm typing out these mundane study adventures of mine to procrastinate studying, despite only having a few hours left to academic armaggedon. And its working splendidly. 

Total expenditure on food= $9.50, all fast food. Plus shopping for boredom-removing items would be $14.40

And now i observe two girls sitting in burger king with no burger king merchandise around, the walked out to buy subway, brought it in and ate it. Then walked out again and bought bubble tea from sweettalk. Pardon my next stereotypical biased view against them. They look like two typical secondary school ah lians mugging for coming O's.

And primary school kids have it tough now, as i accidentally eavesdropped on the couple with their daughter studying in macs behind me. And the mother was complaining "do you know how much i have spent on tuition for you this month a not! Do you know how expensive your tuition is now?" i mean, if the child is not responsive to the 'expensive' tuition, just stop the tuition,and help her yourself! Stop relying on others to do your own work, and take a little stress off the kid would you? She sounded distressed enough(the kid).

Macs always never fail to make my stomach feel funny.ugh.

And i have now wasted 30min away.
-4.28pm
 
Half an hour of a nap later, the two people at the next table from mine are sleeping too. 
I'm feeling lethargic.
- 4.50pm.

No comments: