Monday, September 22, 2008

i shall blog for the next hour. ok, maybe not. next 20 mins at least.then dinner.
after a total of 5 hours of writing, typing a 1000-word nonsensical blog post seems more welcome.

on my way home:
I'm desperate enough to settle for second class cake, when i could have just waited a little more, and gone to tiong bahru plaza to get nicer cheer-up cake. Instead the 3 second grade cake i bought isn't enough to cheer me up although all three together cost as much as one first grade one at tiong. But i guess its the price of impatience and narrow mindedness after a paper.

after the initial sourness, i just finished the cakes. i guess it cheered me up a little enough to make me post postively neutrally/objectively,the chocolate and butter cream cake were alright, not my kind of quality cake though, can still taste the 'cheapness' in it. but the chocolate ball thingy. ugh. don't know what's inside, don't wanna know, don't like it. that's enough of my $4.20 expenditure for today.

on the bus, i was contemplating on what my after-geog-paper shopping therapy would be, and stuff such as buying a new oven so i could come home and bake and going grocery shopping for baking supplies. but i guess its out of the question when i reached home. well, i almost wanted to be a self controlled, self-disciplined girl for once, and go straight home without buying anything, but the bus had to break down at the stop i would have to walk to the terminal, at the same time walk past the bakery...and thus be tempted to buy cake. 

i guess i would call today the positives and the negatives, 'having the cake but not the icing'. econs was alright, as usual didn't finish, but it wasn't too bad. geog on the other hand, all the essays a would say is a disaster, and so, out of the 50 marks physical and human essays together, i just hope i can get more than 10. that would be good enough. then from there on i hope the case study will get me through. second example would be the above-mentioned bus breakdown. that's...both a positive and negative? since my self-control was tested, cake cheered me up, but it was not a neccessity and i partially didn't want to buy it.

i don't feel like ranting about geog anymore. i know its over, but for once i actually spent more than 2 days studying it, and most of the topics i studied didn't come out. so there. those i DIDN'T study came out. i only have norman and matthew to thank for talking and sharing geog notes with me before the paper, if not i would have been totally clueless and probably gave up doing the human geog paper totally.

i'm craving something salty after all that cake.
my solution after rummaging through the fridge: grill some sausages, if not just microwave them. but no, there were green spots on my saviours, and so in the bin they went and left me sausage-less and crving more saltiness. and so, streaky(fatty) bacon's defrosting now. 

and another thought hit me. when i'm sad, i have no sense whatsoever for the value of money, thrift, nor consequences. maybe that's why i'm prone to making many bad decisions in my life, minor or not. 
sad = hedonist
happy = conservationist
just to sum it up.

and so a long due photo post:


today's cake expenditure that wasn't very satisfactory.

some random day i decided 'i shall make my own potato chips!' and so i did. in the end, it's much cheaper, healthier(when you don't know the cooking process and the amount of oil it takes to make chips), tastier and much less hassle to just grab a pack and pay for it at the super market

another random day (i believe thursday) at my attempt of studying econs in the living room. notice the laptop still by my side. [that's the day i watched 2 movies and 3 episodes of my little chef]

a nice cheap $1.80 breakfast at ikea, although the chicken luncheon meat was enough to cause hypertension.


after helping my human geog notes settle into a bigger home, this is ONLY human geog.


me and liu after our date at cathay to fangirl over hana yori dango final the movie.


a cute little girl named charlotte who kept coming to disturb play with me at starbucks when i was attempting to make volcanoes stay in my head. her playmate Amber was around too, i think a year younger than Charlotte, but didn't manage to take a shot of Amber. Charlotte was really generous, and gave me her milk bottle cover and a bottle of Evian water(:


my ripped off dinner before tuition. i thought the set meal was a drink with the chicken cutlet and fries, but the fries weren't included in the $6. and thus i was really happy with the meal and took a picture of my value-added meal.....until i went to pay. the fries were another $3.

and lastly, one of the days we stayed back to play tennis/frisbee/hockey. the sky turned pink.

- 7.25pm (i took 45 minutes)

No comments: