Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Letter to teacher number two:
Dear Teacher(s), 
I am writing you this letter in advance to explain the reasons why it is relatively easy to mark my script for this particular exam. And before you jump to conclusions, it's not your overdue teacher's day present to lighten your workload, nor is it a strategy to grab all your consultation slots for the next two weeks.


Firstly, the pages are mostly blank of answers for the simple reason that I do not know the answers. They are clean not because I haven't attempted to answer the questions, but that I do not know how to start answering the questions. Please do not think the worse of me that I did not study for the test, because I know I did, and many of my friends can bear witness to my attempts at it. So 'why', you ask that I am able to leave my paper blank when I did study? 


It's because there are more interesting things in the world out there I would rather be doing, which includes observing cooking techniques from a chef in a food court, observing differences in parental interactions with children between Asians and Western families, and letting my brain soak up ideas to be turned into money-making-charity-giving ventures of the future. Plus, the words that I tried very hard to burn into the back of my head, were washed away so easily like the tide over writings in the sand. Probably because I unconsciously foresaw the applicability of my current learning content is about 1%, when I try to help my Kid with his or her primary school homework in the future. 


Sincerely yours.


I tried to find my previous before-exam-to-teacher letter, but i couldn't find it in the archives. Instead, I found a rather interesting literary scenario I concocted, which lifted my spirits quite a bit. I should print this out and let my main characters read it again :D

Life:
I think I have officially mastered the Art of Stoning and Wasting Time. I thought I did before, but really, with a tool called Economics notes, it propelled me right into the midst of it. Thankfully that happened after I managed to prepare myself for tomorrow's math paper (which happens to need to be my savior if not i'll just die for math overall). This time my location was Food Junction: Great World City; Kids' Corner. It's quiet most of the time, in isolated corner, looking like a lonesome (bored) student trying to mug. Stayed for 9 hours: 11.30am to 8.30 pm. Breakdown:
Math = 4 hours,
Lunch + dinner = 1 hour
Stoning and doodles = 2 hours
Economics = 1 hour.

I finished two thirds of what I set out to do, which isn't too bad I guess, since I know I'm always over ambitious and thinking that I can complete more than what I can (which has gotten me into trouble more times than not). But i believe my stoning and doodling is not completely counter-productive. It gets me thinking about life, and my future. Ideas. I'll post my narrative on Life's A Road another day when I've got more time to type, and you've got more time to read.

Reflections:
My loss in interest for the subject of Economics.My attention to the subject it like water sliding of a Teflon-covered pan. Actually, let me correct that to water droplets sliding off a Teflon pan. It doesn't stay for more than a few seconds, which is making my life very difficult to pass economics. I've said it before, I've got reasons behind every subject that I'm currently taking, to produce such a queer subject combination. For econs, it was due to my previous  drive to do business. Enter the big dangerous, exhilarating world of Business. My focus has shifted since then, so has the interest for the subject. Hence, no interest equals, very little possibility of me staying on task.I should trick myself into liking economics for another new reason. Other than getting good grades [this oft isn't enough].



Musings:
If Crocs came up with a decent looking pair of heels, I think it'll be a hot seller (I'm already assuming that it's comfortable).

Last words before math paper.
Good luck to me. Someone apparently thinks i need to keep more of it for myself than others. So yea, good luck to me.


Nush: haha, too bad you didn't want to enjoy the company of me, Denise, Mr. Muffin, and Mr & Mrs Belgium Waffle (:

No comments: