Friday, September 18, 2009

I was so tired both mentally and physically just an hour ago, but now, i'm feeling pretty awake.
I wonder why, all I've done in the past hour was basically sign in to MSN, and talk to various people (for once in like, two months probably?)
But I guess it's good to catch up with people now and then, which i really hope to re-establish some of my distant friendships made over the past years. It's so interesting to see how people change, and how people's views about you change.

Today was one exciting day, although there is a little apprehension that I'm behaving as if exams are just over like in my secondary/IP school days. So, after I handed in that once-again-incomplete-script and was released from the gym, I went up to the canteen to uh, finish my breakfast cum lunch. Ended up hanging around with Chenchel and Nush for awhile, before I decided then that I really didn't want to start studying Biology Applications syllabus yet, hence with Chenchel made the decision to crash our beloved Xiang Yin's house.

We stayed for about 2 hours, using the time to spontaneously bake Chocolate Molten cake, recipe gotten from joyofbaking.com through XY's iphone. It came out rather yummy despite the a little overcooked-ness, as well as the wide range of chocolate we used inside. There was Belgium Dark and Milk Chocolate, Toll's baking chocolate bars, and uh, some other milk chocolate XY ate before. Haha. But still...addictive (:

We left to watch a movie at orchard after that, meeting with the weirdest combination of people you can find in NJ going to watch a movie together. REALLY. There were like, 4 different groups of people together, let's see if you can seperate them. (some do overlap.) Samantha Mok, Avril, Xiang Yin, ChenChel, Norman, Li Qiang, Ting Zhi and I. It was my first trip inside Ion Orchard today(while waiting for physics people to be done), and the place just seems huge with me only visiting the four basements! The number and variety of shops available is just outstanding. Some, you don't even know existed, branded goods shops, Sephora.....I just feel like going another time when it's not so crowded.

The movie: The Ugly truth. Which I think the newspapers are ugly for only giving it a one-star rating. It's worth at least 3 stars! There was tons of laughing, sadness and happy endings. Leads are hot and cute, although there was quite a bit of swearing. Jokes are mostly sexual inundations, and Gerard Butler is just growing on me now...I felt that the movie was really good and worth watching, for the points of view of men and women relationships. I think I'm still suffering from the dreamy feelings I get after watching movies. Oh, and if it's a plus, i think there was a rumour that one of us cried during the movie (the breakup was pretty saddening..) Did i mention that we had front-row seats as well?

In the end, all's well ends well, but reached home without dinner ):

No comments: