Wednesday, September 16, 2009

For Hire:
Freelance Thinker - Will think for money.
Flexible, versatile, innovative, creative, will help your company look at new perspectives!

I was just pondering over after A's events again, and the part-time job that I would look for. I would choose a job that I think I'd enjoy, has flexible working hours, allows me to be creative, and utilizes my strengths. Since I like thinking about things, and am pretty interested in problem solving, I came up with this job scope. It fits into almost ALL industries, be it food and beverage, business, marketing, banking, science and tech, yada yada..A person who is not trained in that industry, would give an alternate perspective to an issue as compared to a person who has been trained to think in a certain way to fit the job. Give the thinker a problem, or just the company's product, and it's the thinker's job to offer new perspectives, ideas, solutions, possible problems and set backs or even strengths that can be improved upon. It's somewhat like brainstorming, outside of the company. I guess in the current world, that's what companies call 'focus groups'. But opponents to my argument would be that companies are already paying their money to top graduates to think for the company, so why would they need to hire a freelance thinker who might give ideas that aren't even feasible and probably simplistic because they aren't trained in the field? That's what I call narrow-minded. Haha.

Well if there are any companies out there who do want to try out the mind of an 18-year-old Singaporean girl, feel free to email her, because her resume's right above (:

No comments: