Monday, July 13, 2009

Today's an amusing day. And i've only been awake for an hour. First, i've got a lesbian couple standing next to me on the first bus. I don't know if it's obvious. But being from a girl's school before allows you to spot a few details. The 'Guy' looked like a well-dressed young man, except that the facial features were nicely sculpted with big expressive eyes, but wasn't what you would call feminine. From the short waxed hair, shirt, pants, big watch and cologne, that's how i would imagine jo would be like in a few years time. The partner would always be the one looking like...well a normal lady. The details that gave it away: fourth finger matching rings on the right hand, the little gestures a conservative couple would allow in public. The way she would look into her eyes when they talk. As if she's the only one in the world. I'm a little envious there, which i think anyone non-homophobic would feel as it's kinda sweet. Alright, i got a little carried away on that. But just another detail. The earstud was on the left ear. The right had a ring through the upper lobe.

Secondly, not much exciting, but the bus i was on managed to overtake my second bus right before the busstop i had to alight at, which is pretty convenient once i alighted. And my buses didn't make me wait more than 5 mins today, which is a good sign.

Thirdly, i managed to cook pasta in the morning and not be late. As compared to last week where i made bread alone and was late.

Fourthly, FD has an earstud/stick on his left.

Fifth, bukit timah is once again jammed in the morning. Oh how i miss those jam-free days.

Lastly, it's the first time i've reached school without taking a bite out of my breakfast:)

There's nothing much to do but observe the wonderful mornings.
-7.38am



Bio lesson- My theory is that stupidity is passed on as a trait. Environmental changes has allowed less intelligent beings to survive (due to technology simplifying once-complicated processes) and thus is not selected against through evolution.
-2pm


I'm suprised at myself for not falling asleep in any classes or during my studying period today. Which is an achievement when i slept for less than 4 hours last night.
-4.20pm


My unwillingness to spend money on food in school has caused me to spend even more outside. I left school intending to buy ONE slice of cake for myself near my house, but due to a series of different events from planned, i ended up at Sun Moulin, spending abt 8 bucks on bread and cakes. That's what a hungry stomach does to me. Ah, but what nice bread they were. And now i'm a pork-floss bun convert as compared to before, i didn't touch pork floss buns at all. The mini mango chiffon was nothing much though. Tasted like normal steamed egg buns.

Last night i just caved into satisfying a chocolate craving which prompted me to make the decadent chocolate molten cake. It may have seemed unfortunate that i accidentally overbaked it and it became chocolate cake, but it was what i call a heavenly treat in disguise. I spooned a scoop of chocolate ganache over, then warmed it in the microwave. Hello warm chocolate cake heaven!
Let's hope the strawberry shortcake doesn't disappoint me now:)
-7.13pm

it truly was a thoughtful day. and i didn't even bother to mention that i got back my first U grade for common test papers. i was too busy observing other things. well, the strawberry shortcake did disappoint me a little, with grainy sponge and not very sweet cream, despite the big juicy strawberries. we'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: