Wednesday, July 15, 2009

i must congratulate myself. on staying in the school library after school till at least 5pm to do my homework and hopefully some revision for the past 3 days in a row. and thus a bought my self a slice of cake (: ok, the reason's just an excuse for me to justifying buying a $7 slice of cake from a bakery near my house (the one i mentioned on monday, but didn't go to. thus it probably was a good thing i didn't go on monday, because now i'm buying one premium slice of cake with the same amount of money i bought one slice of cake, a bun, and five mini buns on monday. it better be worth it.) it's called Cru Royale, recommended by a food blog i've been reading. i'll upload the picture once i've ate it. hopefully with a review.

the owner of the bakery was nice, had a short chat with him while i browsed the cakes. a nice quiant little store, but no sitting area. it's a little out of place though, in that old neighbourhood, to have a higher-priced patisserie located there. perhaps it's customers will come from the residents of the condominiums a little further away. after leaving the store, i had a little walk around the neighbourhood, a place i haven't been around for years despite the proximity to my house. it was quite nostalgic, passing by the place i used to walk around with my maid, past the neighbourhood community centre i did ballet, abacus and art classes at, a quiet little town so near the big bustling city (not that singapore is that big, i'm just refering to the CBD area here.) the old-world charm of post-war buildings, without much modern effects, mostly 4-storey walk-ups.they really should conserve this place. the Tiong Bahru estate area, it really is a gem.

i guess the walk really calmed me down from what happened earlier. mind you, my location was two storey's up, above the grandstand, at the area above the place where soccer people sit and have a view of the whole running track : (written on the bus in a fit of anger on the way home)

"This is one of the very rare times i detest soccer and their players so much. And in a very long time, made me want to shout the F word at them, that follows with a u, c, k. I mean what's the point of kicking a ball so high towards a wall such then when it drops back down, they have to climb up the stairs to retrieve it. Ok, it was most probably accidental (or the person who kicked the ball must have an unconscious grudge against the past hockey captain) for the ball to actually fly over the wall, and i didn't see who kicked the ball, but it seriously pissed me off.

It is also probably my luck, and as vinnie put it, my face is a ball magnet. The soccer ball travelling at who knows what speed, hitting me right square on the mouth just as i looked in the ball's direction. Which also meant that i did not see it coming towards me AT ALL. But vinnie did. This is the second time this year a ball hit my mouth (first was a hockey ball), but without any visible damages. Perhaps the balls are trying to knock out my two front teeth and get me to wear braces. One of them is still shaky from the last time. And it's the third or fourth ball to hit my face at all. Or maybe some higher force thinks my face is too ugly and wants to disfigure it. My inner sense of shame is preventing me from saying the reverse.
Seriously, i do not enjoy giving away free kisses to balls. " -6.05pm

so, today wasn't the best, with a cold rainy morning, me being late for school (again), and econs lecture being not productive at all, and me suffering from muscle aches from yesterday's 10-round run. but my class really has a way of adding spice (literally) into school life. as a result, there's a new healthy snack:

raw carrots dipped in Nutella.
weird. i know. but you can't really taste the carrots thanks to chocolate, so it taste like..crunchy nutella. XD



i need to find a new place to study. the school library is getting noisy. too noisy. so much for it being a LIBRARY.irony.

No comments: