Friday, December 19, 2008

need help finding this song. if you have it, onegai! send to me!
The Rosenbergs - Birds of a feather (Department Store Girl album)
heard is in the video montage during last night's wedding. it grew on me.

so much for yesterday's post of not being last. today, i was last.one whole course behind other tables for four courses. it was after the abalone and sea cucumber. they just left the table then and took super long to eat that course, which led to me scowling on the inside. and so, i got scolded lectured by the event manager (the irony of whom i thought was rather nice and charismatic at the start, and well, probably still is) by giving me tips pointers and instructions on how i should be assertive and NOT ALLOW self service/ rush people into eating faster.so that we could actually be on time for clearing up and allow the guests not to eat dessert too late. i figured on the car ride home it's just due to my silent nature and unwillingness to be assertive towards strangers. and so, from now on, i should be more assertive than passive yea? oh, and speed up my service (except the walking..i think i'm going pretty fast there already).

i was thinking, at the start when i signed up for this whole gig, i'll try not to make any mistakes to let the managers scold/lecture/notice me. looks like out of 5 times, i was lectured thrice. er, four times, since i was reprimanded twice today itself by two different event managers.oops. 

well i think i can be a much better waitress if i just improve the following:
1) Be more assertive/ bossy/ pushy.
2) Notice when beer/wine glasses/tea cups are empty 
3)Portion food faster
4) Stop clinking glasses and bowls around (lucky none of them went all the way and spilled anything yet)
5) SMILE more. even when i'm pissed and scowling on the inside, no matter how much my feet hurt.

oh, and almost forgt to mention, i was once again speculated upon my race.overheard this guy saying when i left the drinks bar: '我不知道她能讲华语的。' and later : 'Are you from China?' and then 'I thought you were filipino'. ugh.

Twilight
watched it today with the hockey people. the 10.30am show at cine. 10.30...that's training time right! well guess what, only me, suenli, norman and dolly were at the grandstand by 8am.liu was gonna be late and that's it. and so...(SMS)

me: Hi coach, do you still want to come down for opur training? There's only3 of us, me, suen li and norman. The rest are sick (and overseas).
george: I am on my way there.
grandstand people: *groans* me- "pad up!"
george:Do you think anyone else will come?
me: Liu min will be about an hour late if she still comes. (technically, she was 40 mins late)
george: ok then. I will turn back. See you'll week after. 
the rest don't matter anymore...except that we UNPADDED, and went running 2 rounds with stick and  10 min of fartleks. phooey. 

back to twilight.
ERRR. so much for gorgeous hunk. robert pattinson looked FREAKY and the undead with that makeup. Kirsten Steward was pretty.(except that halfway through the movie she looked as though she haven't slept for three days and nights, till she had both black circles AND pretty bad eyebags. The show was pretty pointless, me and vinnie just kept making comments to amuse ourselves..like pattinson's face. it looked wrong due to the too-low-and-bushy-and-too-dark-against-his-pale-skin eyebrows. then there was the bad/weird expressions from pattinson, a 300-year-old south african with dredlocks and hiphop slang (what happened to vampires being pale and ghostly white?! HA.) and how when pattinson was climbing up the trees, he looked like he wasn't touching the trees even, just being pulled up. steward's great acting stuttering on the hospital bad so that 'edward' won't leave her, and the guy who'looks like he's always in pain' was pretty amusing. 
really, it wasn't that good.

my arm aches ):
-12.26am

No comments: