Monday, December 22, 2008

long post. sat and sunday.
bloody blogger. ugh. retyping 3/4 the post i lost -_-

saturday
last minute crescent friendly against the b div girls, and the theresians who requested a friendly too, which resulted in a nil-nil. despite the supposed monsoon season, that morning was HOT SHIT. yep. met the remaining people who went for lunch at lido after the match (since i went home to bathe first), melody, andrina and tasneem. lido =  fast food. and that day was the first time i've touched mac's in MONTHS. oh wells. i only ordered a cheeseburger, which cost me under 2 bucks. budget = happy (:

went off to Majorlica Majorca's launch party at some bar/the party venue, which was pretty small. about the size of my living room/ the flat itself squeezed 100 plus girls. and a centrepiece table took up a lot of space. those there were mostly girls aged 20 plus, and a few youngsters like me, and the rare few aunties who came was probably motivated by the free gift. dressing wise, most of us were all a little more glam than casual, with a lot in skirts and dresses with heels (definately), and while i spotted a few boots too! it was pretty crowded and cramped, and i didn't enjoy myself that much, since there was practically no one to talk to. besides sitting to watch the show, participate in a few of the activities they offered (tarot card reading, makeup/makeover session, caricature drawing). and eating the food they catered with alchoholic sour/bittersweet grapefruit juice. there was the illusionist's performance, which wasn't very impressive, since i could see through some of the tricks. eek.

however i was most satisfied with the tarot card reading, although i could only ask one question...which is
'Will i get into cooking school in a few year's time?'
and the answer (in cards):
1) Yes
2)Artistic expression
3)Twin Flame
4)Priorities
5)Flow of prosperity
and the guy's interpretation: I would get into whatever i chose to do. I have choices though, and one of paths that i take would get allow me to expess my creativity, and i can only choose one. however, whatever i choose, there will be a constant flow of income from whatever i choose.
tada! i wish it would come true though.

and pictures can explain the rest.

majorlica majorca products on display.
the emblem.

the other display of chapter 18/ majorlica products with the poster model.
me and kate! the person who did my makeip for me at the place.and the person above my head in the background is...PAMELA! haha
my eye make up. chapter 21 - smoky eyes.

the star/wand i exchanged back for the doorgift.
it doubled as a pretty invite too!
the alchoholic drink was in suspension.
chapter 21 model.
my caricature! it doesn't look like me though..
and we spotted this at cine basement (: thought it was cute (:


sunday
i slept, woke up, ate lunch, and slept again. i have no idea why i was so lethargic and tired, but i still had to go to work. today's work was better and uneventful, went off without a hitch = no scoldings or lectures. well i have to thank Ken, the event manager that lectured me on friday, for switching me from doing a 2 staff to 3 tables to having my own table to take care of.  well it's kinda a good thing that he lectured me on friday i guess...such that he actually assumed that i'll be slow and give me an easier job today. haha. as the chinese saying goes.....the cheng yu about how good things can happen from bad things...like a silver lining to a dark cloud? so in the end i was one of the first few each time to serve the dish, it felt pretty good not to be stressed. 

oh and somehow, doing banquets is making me practice my chinese. the staff are mainly China-chinese, and today's table guests, were all chinese speaking -_- . oh wells. 

happy happy day (:



No comments: