Sunday, December 14, 2008

an accomplishment on my side, not turning on my laptop for 3 days now. well ok, i did once, but it was turned off within 15 mins. not that i successfully restrained myself from turning off the laptop, more like i was too busy to even sit down in front of my desk to continue my daily mind/time-wasting activities on the internet.i've had a lot to load off since friday night, but i just haven't had the oppotunity, not even in my own diary which i've abandoned for a few months now. and now i'm even finding the time to blog in between advertisements of the premeire of Love Actually, one of my favourite movies on Channel 5, past midnight. that's how desperate i am to let off some steam/water vapour.

starting backwards, today was my cousin's 15th birthday, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY TERENCE! although he'll probably never ever see this from me anyway. there was a bbq at my uncle's house, and he got thrown into the pool by his friends. haha. oh and i haven't mentioned i woke up at 12pm today? haha. cause i got home about 12 plus last night.

saturday was just exciting with anticlimatic events. haha. first off was the friendly match of crescent club vs a japan university hockey team on tour in singapore XD. the guys team played with the ntu guys team, and as usual, there's the gaggle of girls oogling over a few of the suppossedly cuter-than-singaporean-typical-japanese guys.well, i guess i'll admit there were a few cute ones, but i wouldn't get my hopes up to start oogling at them. it's just impolite. and then we did talk about the girls having a much high pitch than us, and their sweet demeanour which singaporean girls will almost never reach. haha. i'm hoping to keep in touch with them and retain a few japanese friends so that i'll have a tour guide the next time i go to japan...eventually (:

and the movie never fails to bring this warm fuzzy feeling back into me (: full steam ahead to blogging now.

got a last minute invitation after the hockey friendly for dessert with long-lost-to-the-outback sue and english-fied kevin and the ever lame andrew.  i only reached about 10pm, since i had left ntu only about 9..after interacting with japanese people.but the rendevous place was amid a cluster of condos, and pretty exclusive. kitchen closed, so i only got a milkshake. out of pure coincidence, we met BERNETTE. my long-lost other twin. she was working at a bar somewhere down the row of shophouses, and so kev and andrew managed to get their fix of alchohol, which wasn't much. after amid some catching up and the guys messing around, they walked me out early enough to catch the last bus home. and my phone was dead. i was travelling home alone at midnight. what a situation to be in.

friday night was another late night to be out. a wedding dinner which i almost forgot about the day before. the bride, is my mommy's old friend's(bridesmaid to be specific) daughter. at shangri-la hotel, the one somewhere off orchard road, was really posh. with about 60 odd tables, dinner was really good as well. in a way, every wedding is special. theirs was made special with the dance they performed for the whole crowd. weddings made me think of how i want my future to be like, a dream, a fantasy, something out of a fairytale.sigh. ah, specifics. besides the pretty ballroom, the bride, the groom, and even the bride's sister looked gorgeous. ok, many of the guests look gorgeus in their suits and gowns too. i was outshined despite the dress i went shopping for in the afternoon. the usual wedding video that depicts the bride and groom, was cute, especially when i saw the transformation of the geeky-nerd groom to one who dyed his hair and wore contacts and looked real cool for his wedding. oh and in one of his pictures, the unmistakeable red blazer and tie equals to an NJ alumni! haha. plus their posed wedding pictures collection were just eviable. i don't know if i enjoyed the wedding dinner, since my mouth was glued shut the whole night with no one to talk to, and my eyes searched the ballroom the whole night for a familiar face to no avail. so instead my attention was averted to the service staff assigned to serve us. a few of them looked familiar. perhaps i've worked with them before? who knows. at some point i was wishing that i was working at the dinner rather than attending it, as i would actually have something busy to do and ocuppy my time. but i guess the upside of being a guest is free food, getting treated like royalty when people serve you, and there's no need to walk around so much and torture my feet. again, food was great. suckling pig, baby abalone, prawns, big abalone, cod fish, roasted chicken, veggies and scallops, and the finale, my favourite, DESSERT. oh yum. the pictures tell all. went home a happy girl in a pretty dress.

talking about the dress, thanks again vinnie and norman for accompanying me at far east plaza to shop for a dress to suit the 'formal' dress code for the occasion. as vinnie put, an 'impatient, fussy, shopper who does not like shopping'. 

and pictures shall illustrate my point here.

the pretty centrepiece lamps.
the sweet ballroom dance by the couple.
and the turn..
and the kiss...awww



and then dessert came to blow my mind away.

pretty ceiling
pretty centrepiece at my table
the table set up and centre piece
my pretty dress
-2.50am

No comments: