Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It's been such a long time since I stank so badly.
And I'm sure to be aching from neck to calf tomorrow.
But it was fun (:

Work wise, I've seen a new person come in, and is leaving already. Yes, it's a repetitive job, and I guess for one who is trained in the wider arts of pastry, this job is like an A level student doing PSLE. Anyway, my job, really is all about multi-tasking. AT A SUPER LEVEL. You've gotta put bread in and out of the oven to bake, note the time for bread proofing in the oven, anticipate which breads are going to run out in 2 hours time and do it ahead, and KEEP COUNT. Yes, that's a pain in the ass, the counting. Slows everything down, but I guess we've gotta keep track. Yes, multi-tasking and time management, plus doing things as fast as possible without burning or over-proofing any breads, cutting inconsistently, knocking things over, or burning yourself. That's my job. And I just worked 2 consecutive 12-hour shift days[about there] on nichiyoobi to getsuyoobi. Subarashi ne? Tsukareta e.

I've had two dreams the last week. Which I managed to remember because I typed them down on my phone when I woke up. But I won't go into detail [tsukareta karadesu]. One took place in America-San Francisco, where me and my family were stuck in some building amid a hurricane storm that trapped us in. And the other, was about ant infestations, and Val's golden retrievers - Coco and Angel with some other mutt, chasing me somewhere.

No comments: