Sunday, August 02, 2009

where/what is my place in this world?

i feel more lost than ever. like a compass that loses its direction and it just keeps on spinning and doesn't stop. where should i be going from here? i was never one to leave my end point empty, which the end of As currently is. all those mundane university courses doesn't seem to appeal to me anymore. what happened to all the things i was so interested in when i was looking through the courses and couldn't decide which to take up? I don't want to be stuck another 3 - 4 years at some school wasting the time away at something i might regret taking. currently i partially do, after reading the IP certificate we were handed a while back. it mentioned about how we are the part of the privileged top 10% to skip O levels so that we had more time to prepare for As, and the IP programme is for students whom they are sure would want and can get into a university. but i don't think i fall into those categories. i mean i might have before, and i do know there's a 90% chance i'll be in some university next year, but there's just this feeling inside that wants to be free. like adventure. travelling. i'm sure everyone wants to go travelling. like who doesn't? but for uni, i want to be able to make a change on the world to become more sustainable/live in the forest/travel back in time to the olden days where technology did not pervade every single aspect of our lives, where i don't have to worry about things such as image and materialism and how others might think of me. I want to observe people, understand why people have different personalities, why people do the things they do, why people have the 'herd mentality', why emotions are needs to a human. perhaps i should study psychology, human behavior. be an observer.

there was the long-lost dream of being an astronaut. i would float around in space and watch the earth. Observe Mother Nature and her beauty. Then I would be an air stewardess. I can serve people, meet different types of people and make them happy. then i'll be able to travel the world too. Then i would get lost in the Amazon forest. I would learn to make the forest my home. I would be friends with all the animals that are nice to me. I would then build a ship. and sail to the four corners of the sea. Just me, the wind, the sun and the ocean. but it'll be so lonely. I want to discover a new island. I want to experience the Artic. Would you come with me?

is there such a course?

No comments: