Monday, August 31, 2009

blogger is still screwing with me on my new post page...but no matter. i've got better news than this to blog about.

like today. uh, i wouldn't say it's i-witnessed-a-murder-and-got-kidnapped-then-saved-a-little-girl-whose-mother-was-killed exciting, but to me it's rather insightful. i shall start with the boring bits, such as waking up early, close to the time that i can make it to school for like automatically, say 6.50am..but i went back to sleep anyway. but the surprising thing was, i contemplated starting early to study when i woke up then..hm. well, i headed off the the library (whenever i head there, it's always to RETURN a book..the reading and borrowing are um, a result of going to the library). but this time i managed to control myself! a little at least. i mean i still picked a book up, or two..but i 'finished' one of the romance novels, and part of the 'Ideas Generator' guidebook for businesses, in 2 hours? haha. only possible because after reading a hundred odd pages, i decided to be smart for once and skip to the last chapter..thus tada! i finished the book, and realized it was another virtual reality game plots...now, this is the third literary item that i've read this year about virtual reality, and i really hope it'll be developed soon(well it has to already have been developed, if not how do the authors get the details about VR games from and the inner workings?), or at least released to the public. it'll be so exciting! oh yea, and i managed to cover earthquakes and volcanoes (a little behind schedule i know).

Lunch was at 3pm, i travelled from bukit merah library to anchorage. to satisfy my subway craving. But JUST as i stepped out of the library, it started to drizzle. and the bus that i took, stopped at a bus stop which i had to walk for at least 10 mins unsheltered to anchorage(and the rain by this time was as if under multiple powerful showerheads.) but lucky me, i grabbed the umbrella instinctively as a rushed out of the house. really, did the rain have to wait for me to finally leave the library before it poured? as if it rained specially for me. or maybe BECAUSE i had an umbrella that it decides to rain. there's a pattern i noticed though. for two days in a row...the skies opened up to me as i stepped outdoors. i think it rained..specially ON me.

Subway was good..i finished two cookies as well even though i know i shouldn't have. one was subway's, the other my own. i really prefer homemade cookies now. subway's was just SUGAR OVERLOAD. i resumed, uh..vectors this time. and as usual, time flies for math. i had a little time to skim through a few Economist articles..the one for GP, not econs haha. before letting myself go buy 3 new pairs of shorts from cotton on. NOW, before you comment or think otherwise...these three pairs of shorts are needs, not wants. reasons being...shall be elaborated below.

my dad then came to pick me after my 30min shopping spree, to go for dinner with my mom and her colleagues at the usual amoy street cze char stall. it was mostly auntie Q talking..in dialect, with smatterings of english. i could understand the gist of the conversation, mostly about a banker's life and the internal workings. mostly internal conflicts and uh..scoldings, nervous breakdowns, resignations et cetera..and she put it 'advise for me from the experienced'. and yes..she did comment about me...i looked 'different'. to be more exact when she elaborated.. the two Fs. Fairer and Fatter aka 'put on weight'. yes i knew that unconsciously, but when someone put it out bluntly...it really makes an impact. and yes, here's where i elaborate my need for those shorts. because i can barely fit into my current ones. i can't fit into some already, and even the pants. thus i need new ones, which i predict will at least be in use for the next 6 months. (that's assuming i can fit back into my current ones in the future.) it's only been 3 months! and already people can tell the difference. ugh. my mom did comment at this point: 'Yea, she puts on weight quite fast'. UGH, i really can't wait for the studying to be done to start on my future exercise regime. at least 4 times a week i tell you! i've got no issue with the fairer bit, i mean since i've been cooped up in the library and under shade the past three months, i'll just be weird if i didn't shed the black.

and lastly, a inspirational quote from the Idea Generator:

Imagination is more important than knowledge - Albert Einstein

oh i love Einstein now..

No comments: