Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I SERIOUSLY NEED TO SLAP MYSELF RIGHT NOW. no matter how much pleasure i received from commiting that act.
my sin - reading.
my trip to the library was a duel purpose of returning library books due, as well as doing my econs essay due for my consultation tomorrow today, and hopefully do some human geography studying. but no, once i dropped the books in the bookdrop, couldn't find a table to sit at, i plonked my bag down on a bench and headed straight for a bookshelf that's always my first destination. MAC. Judith McNaught. Her books are the first i always sought out, as they are irritatingly hard to borrow. luck was with me on my lucky (or unlucky) day, where i found not one, but TWO of her books on the shelf. one i've read before (but wouldn't mind reading it again if i had no sense of time nor conscience towards my studies), and so i took the other back to my seat to relax a little. that was 3pm. when my dad called if i was coming home, it was 6.30pm, and i was still at the same place, same position, about halfway through the book. well, when i'm in the trance of being captured in books, nothing else tend to matter except for a rumbling stomach and fear of nagging from my parents for coming home late. and so i left the air-conditioned place reluctantly at 7.15pm,  of course not without borrowing the book. and thus look at the time of this post. i just finished reading the book, without getting anything done for the week ahead, or let alone tomorrow's  events occuring later today.

I seriously could write a review for JM's books that go along the line of 
'a fabulously delicious read which will make you laugh out loud wherever you are, and keep you smiling to yourself for days on end...'
 yes. i was laughing to myself in the library. using my jacket to cover those maniac-looking smile on my face that refuses to be wiped off, and preserving any pride, dignity, or even semblance or being a normal, sane person.

No comments: