Thursday, March 01, 2012

the art of travelling.

I don't have a talent. Not in music, not in the arts, not in sports, not in generosity, and definitely not in having any unusual body parts. But I do have a passion, one that has been dominating my thoughts for the past few hours, been guiding my life the past few years, and will affect my future in the next few years. And that is - Travelling.

From Antartica to Zimbabwe, I want to travel the world, to experience everything from nature, the sights, the sounds and the people. It is such a liberating yet other-worldly feeling to know that you're a small part of something so much bigger.

I want my future to be about travelling. Getting a job that enables me to travel, or making travelling itself my job! I've considered it. I could be a travel writer. But I don't write that well, I can't even keep a consistent blog.  I could be a travelling food writer! But then again, I'm not THAT knowledgeable in cuisine, nor do I have super-sensitive tastebuds. I could be a travel show host! But I'm not photogenic for the camera. I could look for opportunities to do anything.

I want to inspire others while travelling. The creation of dreams, through the exposure of the rest of the world, that's what I want to do for other kids living in the villages, areas which most of them never leave their whole lives. With dreams, comes action and motivation, to be something bigger than they could ever imagine to be. That's the power of dreams.

I'd hope to write a book someday. or at least a blog. To share my travel stories and insights from it. Justification for all the travelling that I'm going to do.

No comments: