Saturday, November 19, 2011

dreams.

I wanted to be a writer, after I read a book about becoming one in the publishing industry. 
I wanted to be a singer, after I watched a video of a talented artist and was amazed. 
I wanted to be a fashion designer, after I saw the beautiful designs in a magazine.
I wanted to be a teacher, after I read about the miracles teachers make in their student's lives.
I wanted to be a patissier, after I ate one of the prettiest cakes in the world.
I wanted to be a photographer, after I was mesmerized by the photos in a gallery.
I wanted to be a pilot, after I watched a Broadway play about a con-artiste who acted as one.
I wanted to be a flight stewardess, after I watched a movie of them jetting around the world.
I wanted to be a human rights activist, after I read an article about the poverty issues around the world.
I wanted to be a blogger, after I read about the perks of getting invited to events for free.
I wanted to be a ........

and I still can be anything I want to be. 

I don't think I'm fickle-minded or have no future direction, I'm just impressionable. It's wonderful, don't you think? To be able to be influenced by the wonders of life, to inspire one to be something, or someone that is happy to be that person in the future. You've got to enjoy your job to enjoy your life. Because most times, your job will be your life. I'm lucky to still be young, to not yet be stuck in the cycles of working life, where people find so difficult to get up and leave for something they really REALLY want to do. 

It's not wrong to have dreams. It's great in fact. It's a motivation that keeps the world happy.

Did you follow your dreams?

No comments: