Sunday, June 07, 2009

having regained back most of my mental thinking functions with sufficient sleep, i must say that Pre U sem has definitely been an eye-opener for me. the hostel experience in NUS, which i almost argued with my mom about a few months before abt another hostel, made me realize that she was probably 90% right. living alone, has its pros and cons, and with my short concentration span, being alone would have made no difference to my studying time. it might even shorten it, with having laundry, meals, and even room cleanliness to worry about. for that, i must thank my mom for being right, not just this once, but many other times before.

i would have to thank the minister and various guest speakers at the panel discussions for making me open up my view towards the future. i was always so centralized in pursuing baking and business (and maybe some others like air stewarding, banker,doctor, lawyer<

lastly, being among my group that had people with visions, some bold enough to step forward, unafraid of critisism( i know many of the pre u sem people have one person in mind haha), and i would use the word courageous to describe them. it's great that i got to meet these people, and i really have to thank them for making pre-u sem 2009 so memorable, and teaching me many wonderful things. also, imagine if everyone could have been friends among all the 500 participants during this event.
24SLOs: Yuen Yee, Amirah, Kenneth, Huda
Group24: Shreyanka, Reuben, Estella, Cheng Aik/John, Isabelle, Joyce, Cheng Han, Nicholas, Kelvin, Jamues, Derek, Kenneth, Sarah, Peter, Guan Hong, Jolyn, Shamir & Madeline

THANKS!~chao
after all that, the holidays are here. i already am in the midst of it, and time is just flying past. i look at my handy orange organizer, and realize that i really don't have all that much time left. holidays that are usually spent slacking at home and trainings in the past, are now replaced with studying (slotted in between the rest), hockey handover, and social gatherings. i even had a dream the other day:

i was looking at my june calendar, and after calculating the days, somehow i was a week away from common tests, and i hadn't even started revising my work yet. i freaked out, kinda, and woke up i guess. perhaps it was too much stress i'm getting about doing well for the exams. it makes a difference. being in J2. we start getting serious about our grades, about our future. and then start studying harder to achieve the good grades to reassure oneself. but sometimes it just doens't happen, and things might start going downhill instead of uphill, which i really hope doesn't happen to anyone close to me.

enjoy studying. gaining knowledge. learning about life. perhaps that's how i should be looking towards my studying sessions, make it more enjoyable/endurable. wish me luck and to the rest out there, do look towards the future with a constant smile on your face (:

No comments: