Monday, August 18, 2008

my day.
lets start with early morning. 2am. bag all packed and ready for school today, thus i went to sleep. tossed and turned, coughed a few times, not sure when i actually managed to reach dreamland.

next scene. music is playing, i think 'my alarm clock'. i listen to it until it stops, then i open my eyes. 'why's it so bright?' i look at my phone. '8.03am, 1 missed call.time of call: 8.03am'.'is today sunday? oh no it is monday. school started. that's probably sheena, hui juan or trudy who called then. oh wells. should i go to school then? *rolls around some more, sits up, looks around.* my dad enters my room "you're still at home? i thought you left for school already? didn't see you. come on, go wash up and i'll send you to school" i cough. and cough. "it's eight" my dad says. i cough some more. maybe you should see the doctor first before going to school." i thought, double chinese as the first two periods, and laid back down to sleep. 2 minutes later i got up and got ready.time dragged.

at 9.30am i am at the doctor's waiting for my turn. 8 people to go. time to send out messages to get kind souls to copy work for me, and then read my book. somehow, i had to send the same message out to 3 people in my econs class. why? because the other two weren't in school too. poor ms lim, having such a small econs class for today. oh wells.

common flu i'm told by the doctor. the checkup was done within two minutes. 15 bucks for that. and i'm out of the clinic with my syrup and little pills an hour after i entered. headed over to tiong bahru plaza opposite to get necessities, and walked past the newly-opened donut factory. at 10.30am it's open. unlike most of the other stores inside. so i decided to treat my family to some nice fried round bread coated with chocolate. as i left the store, the nice friendly counter staff greeted after me "thank you ma'am". i replied a thank you and thought, do i look that old in t-shirt and fbts with glasses on? after i stepped out of the sweet-smelling factory, i remembered the last time i did that, my mum told me 'you got too much money is it?' oh wells. what's done is done.and i went home.

read finish the book i bought on impulse as a national day present to myself 'The Time Traveller's Wife'. great book, made my eyes shine as some point of the story, but after i closed the back cover, i realized 'i don't regret buying this book for myself' considering i ALWAYS borrowed books from the library or chris(she's my personal library).

and so i was supposed to be taking a class photo with my class 4 hours ago (well, i've already got two of those, it won't matter much to miss one this year. the first i've missed since primary school), have econs consultation with ms lim right about now, and then PE, before some self training with the team in school, and then rush down to taka fo seoul garden dinner with taichi and the maldives gang. look's like i'm trading all that for....blogging, self-study at home (if its possible), and some reflection time.

see you tomorrow.

No comments: