Wednesday, December 30, 2009

sharon: thanks (: we need to have a meal soon! on one of my off-days ok!

nush: haha, why only next year? you probably won't see me unless you peer into the kitchen or shout from in front of the counter for me. and WE STILL HAVE OUT GEOG SLEEPOVER UNPLANNED!

suenli: Haha! that's mostly what I've been making the so far! but, sad to say the bread isn't mine, I only make it pretty and edible and look like bread. haha.

I should be sleeping now. I want to sleep. But I thought I should at least update people about my baking life so far since everyone's so interested in it(: I've only managed to blog about it today, after 4 days of work, as it really is tiring, and well, i've been out a lot. Plus, I've got an off day tomorrow [which is  going to be spent with my mom shopping in JB. tiring...], so I can afford to sleep later a little.

I've mostly been cutting wassants[the most popular item from provence], rolling hundreds a day, probably up to a thousand a day soon. As I said it's rather tiring, since I've gotta stand for about 8 hours straight a day (excluding luch break), so my knees started to ache, and so does my back and shoulders at the end of the day. But despite that, I guess I still like the job, not just because I get to bake, but the people working there are all real nice too! Somehow, most of the staff are my age, like Angela, Livia, Rui Qi, Win, and probably Zahana, and then there's the younger Shaun, and probably 30s, my supervisor and the other baker. So I've been getting along with them quite well, and losing the shyness. Vincent, the other baker, is quiet. rarely talks unless he has to, but speaks chinese. Hence, I gotta speak to him in chinese, my almost non-existent chinese. Plus, he's a little negative, I guess due to the pent up exhaustion he has been under for working without days of and rest [really pity him as he was the sole baker before I arrived, and had to do EVERYTHING by himself.]

I guess I could say I'm pretty excited to work on thursday, especially since kris is working there with me too now!

No comments: