Friday, December 25, 2009

I feel a little dumb. haha. was trying to call the S'ore Discovery Centre to check if they were open today, cause my mom wants to go watch Avatar in 3D, but I always couldn't get through. AND, so I went to check the site again, and it was because I was calling the fax number instead.

well, it's Christmas Eve, I'm blogging at home, unemployed,  with no plans for the day besides going to watch Avatar in 3D with my family later today. It feels so weird to just have time to sit at home and slack. Or rather, have nothing to do. I was supposed to have plans to go for a job training this afternoon, but decided I didn't want to take this job up.

The job ad for 'Project Assistant' got my hopes up early last week, and so I applied. I wasn't provided with much information, even the company's name, and was called to go for an interview at Eunos. Hmm. But I went anyway, didn't think much about it at first. But alas! I felt a little cheated after, because rather than a job interview, it was more like a sales pitch to join the company instead. It's a Sales and Marketing firm as they call it, and uses network marketing strategies, which online, more known as Multi-level Marketing(MLM) firms. Such pushy and exploitive sales tactics, I don't want to be part of it. So back to square one at finding a job that can accommodate my jap classes in jan, and hockey trainings with crescent.

As for my social life the past week, it's been varied. From ice skating with Trud, Tabs and Jill (plus getting two huge purple bruises on my knees which everyone has to ask about), to hockey outing with the NJ team at swensons, to my aunt's wedding lunch at my grandmother's place (and we didn't even get to see the bride on the wedding day).
-24th Dec '09
-------
Another day later, and it's Christmas.In a little more than 24 hours, I'm still not done with this post, and more importantly i'm not unemployed anymore (: Ok, the pay isn't very good, but it's at least something I'm interested in. Being a baker at Petit Provence, Vivocity outlet, you'll see me there starting tomorrow! Well, it changes a lot of things for me, such as not being able to go down for hockey trainings unless I get day offs on those days, which I have already reserved Tues and Fridays for Jap classes. Wish me luck!

Continuing from above, I have watched Avatar in 3D, and I would have LOVED the movie, if not for the 3D effects. Not saying that the effects made the movie bad, and the effects were nothing much anyway, but the problem was that I got motion sickness halfway through the movie. ugh. It brought me back to when I had seasickness in the open seas during YLTC or OBS, I can't remember which. Felt like puking, but didn't. But still, I loved the graphics and plot of the whole story. It just makes me want to be a Na'Vi too, having all that freedom in the forest with such beautiful sights.
-------
Rewinding backwards a little, I have to say that this week, was the first time I was ever stressed about baking. Worrying whether there was enough time to finish baking everything, whether there was enough ingredients, whether the stuffs are fully cooked. Even made me miss lunch because there wasn't time to cook lunch. But all went well enough in the end I guess, with them all coming to the house to collect the stuff, while I delivered the last order to a friend's place later at night. Let's allocate more time to bake 20 brownie cups, 37 cookie mans and 28 cupcakes, which definitely needs me to start earlier than 9.30am in the morning to finish by 6pm.

More baking was done the sunday before for the Crescent Hockey Carnival. Baked 90 muffins, excluding the first dozen that wasn't sellable. But more importantly was the event itself. I was put in charge of selling the food, with puisheen, don and sakinah helping me. There was a little trouble selling a third of the muffins in the end, but I guess it couldn't be helped. And then I got informed that i'll be 'running the show' next year according to Nordin. It kinda put some pressure on. I mean, it feels as if coach still sees me as a captain, which I guess I am a little surprised, but glad in a way that he acknowledges me, since I left the team to come to NJ. That really made me think that day, about what I really feel about joining NJIP. I always told people that I came only because I didn't want to do my O levels, and didn't miss crescent much after the first few months. My biggest regret however, still is the fact that I left my team, when I was the captain. It felt like I disappointed them, and for once, I didn't follow up on my responsibilities. But I am happy for the reason that I still feel like part of the team, albeit a little more detached as compared to the 15 of them who went through B div together. WELL, always look towards the future and not regress yea? And so, bring on the challenge next year!
------
Lastly, I was gonna talk about the one-night trip up to Malacca with my family, but I kinda lost my train of thought on that matter already. Besides my brother doing most of the driving, while I sat in the passenger seat, and my parents in the rear seats (what a funny arrangement you might think), I thought it was a rather uneventful trip. It being one of the unhealthiest days of my recent life (we ate Mary Brown's fried chicken on the first night, next day lunch was melaka hawker food at Newton Food centre, haha!, and dinner was Cze char in Singapore.), and the day I killed the most brain cells with my constant sneezing from sinus, I bought a new pair of black jeans and 3 new t-shirts. I really ought to update my wardrobe with different things now :/

And yes, my brother got into OCS. Congratulations. Why am I not surprised?

No comments: