Monday, November 08, 2004

hey
since yj's gonna blog bout' what happened today...might as well just blog it too.
after hockey today, went to the library with yj to borrow sone books.
well...searched for all the books we wanted, then wanted to check out...
i put my ez-link card in and the stupid screen said 'you have outstanding transactions .please proceed to the ........' and i couldn't borrow my damn books.
so i went to check, and had fines that totalled up to *drumroll....* $8.40

[ i know i should return my books punctually, but im just too lazy to go to the library sometimes.]

the damn thing couldnt use the ez-link card to pay but had the card reader. [had the cashcard reader too but i don't have a cashcard] so went to the counter and asked if i could pay by cash...but she said unfortunately..no.so she said to pay by ez-link card.when we said the machine couldn't, she kindly went to enable it for us.
but when i tried to pay my fines, my damn card was 40 cents short.
[you would think i gave up and went home without my books, read on.]

i thought i might be able to pay my $8 worth first..but nooo....the machine only allows you to pay everything at one go.*tip to the inventer : allow your customer to pay what he / she wants to pay for that time in case the person has not enough money??*

then yj came up with a GREAT idea!!* eyes open wider*
ask some kind soul for a cashcard to pay my fines for me first.
[you would be thinking why im so desperate to borrow my books? well..im going to malaysia to visit my uncle AGAIN ...and i need some thing to do to prevent my from dying of boredom.]
i was crazy enough to follow her idea..

first victim: a sweet middle-aged woman kind enough to take out her ntuc link card and lend us try coz she doesnt have a cash card.well..$0 inside coz it was NOT A CASHCARD.

second victim: probably a 20+ woman in a black nike shirt.she said she just paid her own fine and has only $7+ in the card.

third victim: a woman with 2 kids.said she left hers in the car.

forth victim: a malay lady with a small boy ..said left hers in the car too.

fifth victim: a 30 - 40+ lady reading a cook book.she lent us the cashcard , and said she had no idea how much was inside coz she hasn't used it in a long time.
we checked, and it only had $4+ inside.

[do you realized we've been asking all girls??well ..i guess coz we might think they're friendlier?then it hit us...those using the computers should have cashcards with money in them as they need it to use the computers. so decided to ask one using the computer.

last/first victim/guy: he was the only one without the headphones on.he so kindly stopped his work and took his cashcard and check how much was inside.then he went to top it up so we could use it.well...hurray! finally.paid the guy and borrowed my book.

went home...yay!!!
well...my bro's chasing me off the comp and still he's having his o' levels.don't even see him studying.and i haven't even blogged bout yesterday...when i went to kukup with my mom.

bye.

No comments: